Chicken recipes are very popular amongst meat lovers around the globe. Rightly so because chicken is always a tasty treat in any form. Also it is an excellent source of protein. Amongst all meats it is very healthy as the fat content is comparatively very low. Most of the fat is around the skin, which can be easily excluded, making it even healthier.
Chicken Curry Recipes
- An Indian cuisine made with boneless tandoori (baked in a oven) chicken pieces, in a creamy, tangy, tomato gravy. Absolutely delicious! There two recipes of butter chicken here, one with chicken on the bone and the other made with boneless tandoori chicken.
Andhra Chicken Curry
- A hot and spicy chicken curry, coming from the region of Andhra Pradesh in India. This chicken curry is enjoyed with rice.
- This recipe is for a basic Indian chicken curry. This is how any curry can be made. Learn to use a combination of whole spices, onions, tomatoes and chicken to make a mouthwatering curry to enjoy with tandoori roti or naan or even rice.
Chicken Korma Recipe
- This is a Indian recipe made with chicken cooked in a white gravy made from cashews and yogurt. An excellent mild chicken recipe when you are in no mood for too strong flavors. This is best served with chapati, naan or rice.
Mango Chicken Recipe - Amongst the many Indian chicken recipes, this mango chicken curry is made from raw mango. The flavor is spicy and tangy. You can serve this with roti or rice. Use a pressure cooker to prepare this simple curry quickly. Spicy chicken curry with capsicum
- A simple yet delicious chicken curry, flavored with freshly ground spice masala powder (using whole spices). The green bell pepper and the dry rub powder, give this chicken gravy a fabulous taste. Coconut chicken curry recipe - There are many Indian chicken recipes and this coconut chicken curry is one of the very easy chicken curry recipes. The gravy is made from blending a few fresh ingredients, including coconut and almonds. Easy Chicken Curry recipe
- If you are looking for a quick easy chicken recipe, in which you can just blend the ingredients to make a nice thick gravy for chicken, then this recipe is for you.
- Chicken cooked in red lentils, along with some vegetables. This is a very quick easy chicken recipe, which can be made in minutes, in a pressure cooker. Serve hot with rice or bread.
Thai Red curry recipe
- A Thai recipe make from a red curry paste and coconut milk. Packed with flavors of fresh herbs, this chicken curry is eate with rice or noodles.
- Get that smoky aroma and flavor in your tandoori chicken or other chicken recipes, without a tandoor. Cook at home but get the taste of food prepared in restaurants.
Tips about chicken - Here are some quick tips on buying, storing and freezing chicken. There are some precautions you need to take with fresh chicken, read about the do's and dont's in handling raw chicken. This link will take you to the bottom of this page. To browse through more chicken recipes just move up.
Quick Easy Chicken recipes with noodles
- A Malaysian chicken curry served with noodles that are topped with bean sprouts and tofu. If you like chicken and seafood, you will like this recipe too.
Char Kway Teow
- A Malaysian dish meaning fried flat noodles. These flat noodles are cooked with boneless chicken and flavored with soy sauce. This is a very quick easy chicken recipe.
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
- Noodles topped and baked with boneless chicken cooked in a creamy sauce. A rich chicken recipe for special occassions.
More Quick Easy Chicken Recipes
- The most wanted Indian rice recipe is probably a chicken biryani. Basmati rice, chicken and lots of herbs and spices, when put in a huge cooking pot, placed on slow fire, results in this wonderful recipe. Pepper Chicken
- Chicken marinated in lime juice, turmeric and salt. Cooked and sprinkled with loads of freshly crushed black pepper. The taste is absolutely amazing.
- Fennel is a spice known as 'saunf' in Hindi. That is used to give an extraordinary flavor to this dry chicken.
- Tandoori chicken is baked in a clay oven called tandoor. But this one is baken in a oven at home. To prepare this chicken recipe, you need to marinate the chicken in a tandoori masala and yogurt. It's served with a lacha salad. Easy Thai Chicken Stew
- Chicken, coconut milk and vegetables, give this chicken recipe a unique mild flavor. This can be enjoyes with plain rice, noodles, idiappam or puttu.
Chicken Cutlet Recipe - Looking for a ground chicken recipe? Here is an Indian chicken recipe for chicken cutlets, made from ground chicken and vegetables. Serve these as party appetizers or a snack.
* Buy it from a trusted meat vendor or a reputed supermarket. * Check if the skin looks moist and the bird is not smelling off. * Poultry and game birds are perishable so they must be kept cool. * In colder climates a chicken can be stored raw in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before cooking. But in hotter places, it is advisable to freeze the chicken if not used immediately.
Tips for Freezing chicken
If you buy a fresh whole chicken or chicken pieces in bulk, come home, wash them all and pack them separately in freezer bags, according to the cooking requirement. For instance, for a curry I take a whole chicken cut in 12-16 pieces. For a roast, obviously a whole chicken. Boneless chicken for kebabs and stir fries. Bones for stocks and soups. The vendor will help you cut the chicken in the desired pieces. If buying from a super market, you can select the cuts and pieces yourself.
Pack each one in a freezer bag, label it and put it in the deep freezer. You may want to put it inside another plastic bag until it freezes completely, to avoid any leaks.
Raw chicken can be kept in the freezer for up to 6 months. When you want to cook, just defrost it naturally or in a microwave and start cooking.
Caution about chicken
* Raw poultry contains bacteria such as salmonella. Hence it is common cause of food poisoning. In order to avoid that, make sure that the chicken or any other poultry, is cooked thoroughly. Salmonella survives freezing but is killed in cooking.
* After handling raw chicken, make sure to wash your hands properly. Wash all the utensils that have been used to wash, chop, and store raw poultry, with hot soapy water and scrub well.
* If buying a already frozen chicken, make sure you reach home fast enough to refreeze it while it is still in a frozen state. Never ever re freeze a already defrosted chicken or any other poultry.