Andhra Chicken Curry recipe
Andhra chicken curry is very hot. Please adjust the quantity of chili to your taste.
1 Kg Whole chicken (on the bone)
2 medium Onions (chopped)
2 medium Tomatoes (chopped)
4-5 green Chilies (sliced)
3 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1/4 cup of fresh Coriander
2 Tbsp Poppy seeds
40-50gm Cashew nuts
2 Tsp red Chili powder
Salt to taste
1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
1 green Cardamom
4 Tbsp yogurt
1 Tsp Garam Masala
4-5 Tbsp Oil
1 cup water
1) In a big bowl put the chicken pieces and add yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, salt, red chili powder and mix everything. Cover and leave for 1 hour.
2) Dry roast the poppy seeds in a frying pan on a low flame until they turn golden brown. Grind them to a powder, along with the cashew nuts, in a grinder.
3) In a big kadai, pour the oil and add the cloves & cardamom. Now add the onions and fry them till they are golden brown, put the tomatoes and fry them till they are tender and now add the chilies and the mixture of poppy seeds & cashew nuts fry until the oil comes out.
4) Add the marinated chicken and fry it for 4 or 5 minutes. Now add a cup of water and mix it well and cover the kadai and let it cook until the chicken is done on medium heat.
5) Add more water to make the gravy thin. Add the garam masala and chopped coriander.
Eat with rice or chapati.
Recipe contributed by Latha from India (Hyderabad).
Andhra Chicken curry recipe to more quick easy chicken recipes
Creative Cooking Corner Home