Chicken fried rice recipe
Chicken fried rice recipe or any other kind of fried rice is more or less prepared in the same manner.
There are just a few things to be kept in mind and you are good to go.
To make a fried rice you need pre boiled rice, which is cold (as in out of the refrigerator). The best way to prepare rice is to do it a day before.
How to prepare rice for this Chinese recipe
Boil the rice in ample water and when the rice is almost cooked (not completely cooked, not soft), drain out the water and spread the rice on a flat tray so that it cools down fast. This way all the grains will remain separate. Now refrigerate it.
Another thing to remember is to always use freshly chopped ginger and garlic (try avoid using a paste). Chop the ginger and garlic very finely using a chef's knife.
If adding vegetables (I always do), cut them in almost the same size and shape to maintain the uniformity of the dish.
Finally, always add the vegetable which takes the longest to cook, first and vice verse. The vegetable should remain crunchy and not completely cooked. Keep the flame high so that the vegetables don't become mushy. Before adding the rice just make sure that there is no water in the vegetables as this will make your rice soggy.
To make Chinese Chicken fried rice you will need
- 3 Cups of Rice (pre-boiled and cooled in a refrigerator)
- 1 small Carrot (diced small)
- 1 small Green Bell pepper(capsicum) chopped
- 5 French Beans (chopped small)
- 5-6 mushrooms (chopped small)
- 1-2 cups boneless chicken (diced into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 4-5 spring onion (bulbs and stalks chopped separately)
- 2 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 Tsp chili-garlic sauce (or chili bean sauce or hoi sin)
- 1 Tsp vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp of noodle sauce or black bean sauce
- ½ chicken stock cube (optional)
- A pinch of ajino moto/MSG (optional)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tsp sesame oil
- Salt if required (all sauces and stock cube contain salt)
- 1 Egg lightly beaten with a little salt and black pepper
Heat a wok or a non stick pan. Add oil and the chopped ginger-garlic. Keep the flame high. Saute for 30 seconds and add the chopped spring onion Bulbs. Saute for a minute and add the chicken. When the chicken is almost cooked, add the carrots. Saute for 2-3 minutes and add the beans, mushrooms, the stock cube and ajino moto (if using). Keep Stirring all the time.
When there is no water left in the wok, add the beaten egg. Scramble it and when almost cooked, add the bell pepper. Next add all the sauces and sesame oil. Add the rice after 2 minutes. Mix well. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions stalks and turn the heat off.
The Indo-Chinese fried rice served in restaurants sometimes has a charcoal flavor. Here's how you too can get that
smoky aroma in your fried rice
Eat hot and enjoy!!!
Chicken fried rice recipe to more rice recipes
Chicken fried rice to Creative Cooking Corner Home