Salsa Recipe - A Tomato Salsa Recipe and Salsa verde recipe
Salsa recipe has got many variations. Salsa means sauce.
This Mexican / Spanish recipe will act like an instant flavor booster to your grilled or baked fish, meat or bread. You can serve it with your appetizers or anything really.
I am listing here 2 recipes.One is a Tomato salsa and the other is salsa verde meaning green sauce.
Enjoy the Latin flavors.
Tomato Salsa Recipe
Ingredients for a Homemade Tomato salsa are...
- 6-7 Large ripe Plum Tomatoes (skinned, seeded and chopped)
- 1 red salad Onion (chopped)
- 1 clove of Garlic (chopped or crushed)
- 1 cup Fresh Coriander or Parsley (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 Jalapeno Peppers (from a jar, chopped)
- 4-5 Tbsp of Olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1/2 Tsp of Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp Capers (drained)
- 2-3 Pickled Anchovy fillets (chopped / optional)
Mix all the ingredients together and chill in the refrigerator. Serve with grilled meat, vegetables, chicken.......anything really.
Salsa Verde Recipe
Ingredients for Salsa verde are...
- 200 ml Fish stock
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 small Onion
- 2-3 Tbsp of plain flour
- a big bunch of Parsley/coriander
- Salt to taste
Blend all the ingredients in a mixer. Pour the puree in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil. Then simmer until thickened.
Salsa verde - Green sauce is ready.
Serve these salsa with crudites, corn cakes, salads or just about anything.
If you liked this salsa recipe, why not have a look at some more easy appetizer recipes here
Creative Cooking Corner Home