Laksa Recipe - A Malaysian Curry
This Laksa Recipe is very easy to make once you have gathered all the ingredients in one place.
Laksa is not just full of flavors but also packed with nutrition. It is like an all in one curry with chicken, tofu, bean sprouts and spring onions. One of the best ways to have chicken and noodles.
The ingredients for this laksa recipe are
Blend together the following with little water
- 750gms-1 Kg of chicken (on the bone cut into 12 pieces)
- 3 medium onions
- 4 Tbsp chopped ginger and garlic
- 3 Tbsp dry prawns
- 3 Tbsp roasted peanuts(unsalted)
- 2 fresh red chillies(These chilies are very hot,so you can use less or more to taste).
Other ingredients are
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Tsp coriander powder
- 2 Tsp shrimp paste or dried shrimp powder
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3-4 stalks of crushed lemon grass (6inches from root, not the leaves)
- 200ml coconut milk (ready made).
- 1 Tsp kashmiri red chili powder (it's not hot, it's just to enhance the color).
- 1 Tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 Tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tsp sugar
- 100gm tofu (bean curd-fried and cut into 1cm x 1 ½ inch pieces)
- 100gm bean sprouts
- 6-7 spring onions chopped
- Noodles 1 packet (any egg noodles)
Boil the chicken in 1 liter of water, till it is cooked. Remove the pieces from the water and reduce the water to about 750 ml. This will be the stock.
Heat the oil in a big pan and fry the blended paste. Add turmeric, coriander, shrimp paste, sesame oil, lemon grass and red chili powder. Fry till dry and the oil separates from the paste.
Add the chicken pieces, stir for a few minutes. Strain the stock into this. Bring to a boil (don’t worry if the chicken gets a bit overcooked, it should be that way).
Reduce the heat and add the coconut milk, lime juice, vinegar, sugar and some salt. Followed by the tofu. Stir a little. The gravy should be almost watery. The coconut milk will make it a little dense. Simmer some more.
Meanwhile, boil the noodles and strain. Save the strained water from the noodles in a bowl.
Put the bean sprouts in a strainer and pour this water on it.
To serve, put the noodles in a deep bowl. Top it with the chicken laksa and lots of gravy. Sprinkle with the bean sprouts and spring onions. Eat it hot.
Enjoy the curry laksa!
Laksa Recipe to other quick easy chicken recipes
Creative Cooking Corner Home