Meat Balls - An Indian Appetizer Recipe
Meat balls recipe makes a good appetizer recipe or a snack.
To make this Indian recipe for mince meat need
- 500 gm Lean Beef/Lamb mince
- 2 medium Onions (chopped finely)
- 4 cloves Garlic (chopped finely)
- 1 Tbsp Ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2-3 Green Chilies (chopped finely)
- 1 cup fresh Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Slice of bread (crust removed)
- salt to taste
- 1 Tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 Tsp Black pepper (coarsely ground)
- 1 Tsp each of Coriander, Garam masala and Cumin powder (all available at any Indian store)
- 1 Tbsp Chili-garlic sauce (optional)
- Oil for frying
This dish is very spicy and hot but you can reduce or add more chili if you want.
For a fine texture, put all the ingredients in the food processor and mix well.
If you prefer a coarse texture, then chop everything finely.Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl and get your hands dirty.
Mash and mix well. Shape just one ball first.Now heat the oil in a pan and turn the heat to medium. Slowly put this one ball in the oil.Just in case it breaks (which it shouldn't), add about 2 Tsp of Corn Flour, in the mince mixture.
Mix well again and divide the mixture into equal parts and shape them into round balls. On a medium heat fry all the balls in batches. Drain on kitchen paper.
In case you want to avoid deep frying, You can shallow fry them in a non stick pan.
Serve hot with a dip of your choice.
Why not explore some more easy appetizer recipes here
Meat Balls to Creative Cooking Corner Home