Leeks and Carrots healthy soup
There are a number of ways to make a healthy soup that is enriched with natural flavors of a few vegetables and herbs. To make such a soup, you can completely avoid the use of oil, butter or cream.
This particular soup is made from leeks and carrots. It is completely oil free.
* 3 cups Chicken Stock
* 1 cup Leeks (thinly sliced)
* 1 Tsp fresh Ginger (finely chopped)
* 6 medium Carrots (about 500 g, finely chopped)
* 1 medium Tomato(chopped)
* 1/2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
* a few drops of Tabasco sauce
* Freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
* Salt to taste
* Fresh Coriander or Parsley to garnish.
Add all the vegetables and stock in a pressure cooker. Cook until carrots become tender (one whistle will suffice). On the other hand you can cook this in a sauce pan.
When done, puree all of it in a blender. Add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and black pepper. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander or parsley.
Enjoy, whilst it is still hot.
From one healthy soup to more soup recipes
Creative cooking corner home